Sunday, November 29, 2009

Slice like a Ninja Assassin, cut like a Raizo's blade

"Slice like a Ninja Assassin, cut like a Raizo's blade"
- Vanilla Eyes

All right stop collaborate and read this, I am back with my brand new review. Killed time with this movie awhile ago and i had to say this is one of the ass kicking ninja movies I've ever seen. Finally they made a good ninja movie, considering we've been given lame ninja movies back then such as American Ninja, 3 Ninjas and Ninja Turtles.

I had fun watching this movie, action scenes and fight choreography is very awesome. I like the representation of how the ninja crawls and hides in the shadows and vanish. Lots of slicing body parts, slashing heads and splattering blood, in other words it's totally brutal. This movie is like Rambo and Punisher with swords, shurikens and chain-sickle, it's pure carnage and gory.

However I have some drawbacks over this film. Some fight scenes are too dark to see like who's who and some scenes are shaky like the chase scene. The inclusion of special forces on the plot, I want ninjas slashing more ninjas. Bloodsheds are to recognizable as CGI.

All in all, it's a great action movie. Great performances of Rain (Raizo), who trained himself martial arts for 6 months and Sho Kusogi (it's good they casted him, it's a nod to the real ninja fans).

If you're an action flick fan, or a wannabe ninja, then I suggest you go and watch this bad ass movie, but don't take your kids, let them watch Naruto instead.

0 comments:

Post a Comment